The function of air ducts is to supply hot or cold air throughout the house. Therefore, if air ducts are not cleaned and maintained, then they can cause you discomfort.
Since these air ducts go unseen as they are within walls and ceilings, you may forget their maintenance. So, here is the article which provides you ultimate air duct maintenance tips to improve indoor air quality.
Ultimate Air Duct Maintenance Tips
Every household collects mainly 2-3 pounds of dust every week. This dust accumulates mainly in air ducts. Air duct cleaning helps to remove this excessive dirt and dust from your HVAC systems.
When To Clear the Air Duct?
According to NADCA, air-handlers and ducts should be cleaned every year and every 2 years consequently.
Signs That Says Your Air Duct Requires Maintenance
- The constant change in temperature.
- The systems take time to heat or cool the rooms.
- Presence of vast amounts of dust in indoor air.
- Buzzing noise in the duct ways.
- Increase in the monthly electric bills.
- Mold growth in the duct way or in the HVAC systems.
- Rodent infestation.
- Clogged ducts.
- Unpleasant smell.
Air Duct Maintenance Tips
- Make sure that nothing is covering the face of the air ducts.
- Regular cleaning of the air ducts will prevent the settlement of excessive dirt and dust.
- Duct sealing is important to increase the efficiency and longevity of the HVAC units.
- Always vacuum the floors before you clean them. This decreases the chance of dust lingering in the air.
- Use an air quality filter for the furnace to maintain the air quality at home.
Hire The Top-Most Air Duct Maintenance Service in Aurora!
Air duct maintenance is important for the safety of the people living in the house.
Professional air duct cleaners of Denver Pro’s have enough training and equipment to remove excess dust and dirt from your house. Contact us on (303) 317 5557 for cleaning or maintenance of your air ducts. Follow us on Facebook for new updates and information.