During these hot times, we all rely on air conditioning. It may seem like living in a pleasant and fresh environment that is AC rich since we used it so much. In fact, your home HVAC unit provides a lot of support to get it working properly. This is not as clear as your air circulation.
To make it work efficiently, ventilation slots and ducts need to get cleaned regularly. This applies to both air ducts and dryer vents. This is because both need to be serviced to function properly, but there are two completely different factors in your home. There are some things to consider for air duct and dryer vent cleaning.
Things To Know About Air Duct And Dryer Vent Cleaning
1. Dryer Vents
Although not connected to your HVAC system, your dryer vents need to be cleaned
regularly. Dryer vents are completely self-contained and are only used to vent air from your tumble dryer. If not regularly cleaned, inflating can block ventilation slots and keep warm, dirty air in your home.
In the worst case, a filled ventilation slot can actually pose a fire hazard if there is not enough traffic. While cleaning, it is necessary to ensure that the entire system including lint trap and external ventilation is included.
Few Basic Reasons To Clean Dryer Vents
- Fire can start when the lint gets stuck in the dryer or exhaust pipe. Lint can block airflow, generate more heat, and set some dryers on fire.
- Flexible plastic hosting is another thing to control the fire and then it spreads rapidly.
- According to recent industry studies, an oversized dryer vent can add $18- $24 to your home’s energy bill. That translates to approximately $300 unnecessary fees a year.
- Dryer vent cleaning bills are well above this $300 mark. Therefore, it makes sense to follow the dryer manufacturer’s recommendations and perform cleaning once a year.
2. Air Ducts
The air ducts are like the respiratory system of your home HVAC unit. To keep the air in your home cool or warm, it is important to start with HVAC and then spread it through the ducts in your home. If it can’t be cleaned regularly, it can fill with dust, pollen, mold, and other debris that can seriously damage the air quality in your home.
More than the things that restrict airflow, your air conditioning needs to work harder to heat or cool the house effectively. This puts an enormous burden on the air conditioning system and leads to higher monthly fuel costs for you. A duct seal fixes the pores and gaps that may occur in your duct, which can affect the performance of your air conditioning system.
Few Basic Reasons To Clean Air Ducts
- Reduce utility bills by increasing airflow.
- Reduce excess dust in your home or office.
- Remove stagnant dirt during air conditioner operation and improve room to room temperature.
- When working with air ducts, keep in mind that the new fan of the furnace is more powerful, thus freeing it from dust and debris that accumulates over a certain period of time and blows them through diffusers.
Call Denver Pros
today for your air duct and dryer vent cleaning requirement. We ensure that this work is done keeping in mind the health and safety of you and your family. To make sure your ducts and vents are as clean as possible, you’ll want to call us at (303) 317-5557
for the best services near Aurora. Give us a call today!