Due to unwanted accidents, there might occur blood stains on your precious couch or sofa sets. Also, different types of couches have different materials. Some are easily washed with water while others may require cleaners for washing the bloodstains. Learn here how to remove blood stains from fabric couch in 7 quick steps.
Seven Quick Steps to Remove Blood Stains From Fabric Couch
- First, check the alphabet tag of your couch. If the label is S, W, or SW, then, it means you can use water and cleaners to wash it. While the X label tag couch will need to be treated professionally.
- Now, test the cleaner on your couch fabric before its use. Apply the cleaning solution on some hidden area of your couch and leave it for 24 hours. After then, check whether that cleaner is not fading the fabric of your couch.
- If the cleaner suits the fabric, then you can use it further for more use. The types of cleaning solutions used to remove blood stains are upholstery cleaner, hydrogen peroxide, water and soap mixtures, and rubbing alcohol.
- As soon as the accident occurs, absorb all the excess blood from your couch with the help of a sponge. Then, use a soft toothbrush to scrub the dried blood stains from the couch.
- After brushing, the stains become loose, so use a dry cloth to clean the scrubbed area. Now, take another dry white cloth and soak it in a solution of cold water or rubbing alcohol. Squeeze the cloth and then dab it on the stained affected area. Repeat this step until the whole area is saturated with the liquid.
- Dry out the stained area by dabbing it with a clean dry cloth. After the couch is dried out, if you need it, then vacuum it over with an upholstery attachment.
- To protect your couch from dirt, oil, or blood stains, you can use a commercial fabric spray protector.
Do You Want To Get Professional Upholstery Cleaning Service In Aurora?
As you have seen the 7 simple steps to remove blood stains from fabric couch, so try them if needed. But, if your fabric couch needs a professional approach for cleaning, then Denver Pros is the best choice. We provide professional upholstery cleaning service in Aurora
and its nearby areas.
To know more details, call us at (720) 730-5224
. Stay updated with our Facebook
pages to know more tips for removing different stains from your upholsteries.